"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

22 June 2017

Live.


The MANUAL

squeeze 20 grapes in your cheeks
bit down
spit watermelon seeds
I bet you five pieces you can't spit 'em further than me
kick a can
chase trains
wave at strangers
drive an imaginary submarine
make one out of a box
sleep on a floor with a blanket and a lantern
draw birds
live forever
plant a tree
write your fist on a wall
run for no reason down the middle of the block
laugh at something funny
smile at sweetness
hold your fingers around it so it doesn't fall
find a dark row in a movie theater
and make out with me
your kisses are a game of horseshoes
I wish I were playing beneath the stars
fat and wet with light
high in the full black sky
so big and silent
it can carry us through this crazy thing
dance under it
listen for the sounds
the fields make the tongues the trees are speaking in
the love the leaves are making with the wind
swallow it down
this is church
your teeth tiny doors

Anis Mojgani

No comments: